How do I care for my chopping boards?
There are a number of do's and don'ts.
- Wash your chopping board in hot soapy water after use.
- Oil regularly with olive oil, grapeseed oil or any other pure oil. This helps preserve the timber and seals the timber.
- Clean monthly by sprinkling with bi-carb soda or salt and rub with a lemon or vinegar.
- Put the chopping board in a dishwasher or soak in water.
- Leave in direct sunlight for extended periods of time - this will warp the board.
Is camphor laurel food safe?
Camphor laurel is safe to use with food. The oil which creates the smell is not harmful and will settle into the timber as the board ages.
Is camphor laurel safe for asthmatics?
The answer to this question depends on what triggers your asthma. One of our family members is asthmatic and camphor laurel has no effect on her. As it is difficult to determine triggers asthma it makes it difficult to say whether camphor laurel will trigger asthma in you.
Why use fragrance and essential oils?
This is a choice we make. We do not blend any fragrance and essential oils together. We use them separately. We choose to use fragrance oils as they provide the best quality scent throw when the candles are burning. These fragrance oils are specifically designed for this purpose. We use essential oils as some people are concerned for the environment. Using essential oils means that the scent throw for the candles when burning is less.
Why use soy wax?
Soy wax is a biproduct of soy bean processing. It is therefore a natural, biodegradable and environmentally friendly product. Soy wax also burns longer than paraffin wax, therefore it is more economical as well.
Do you use lead free wicks?
Yes, all our wicks are lead free.